- Class of 2019
- Class of 2020
- Class of 2021
- Class of 2022
- College Preparation
- Helpful Links
- CPR GRADUATION REQUIREMENT
- PSAT INFORMATION
- ACT/SAT PREP
- Senior Class of 2019
Senior Photo Specifications with Examples
Senior Salute Information
- Shannon Surratt Photography Information
EHS Class of 2019 Senior Guide
SENIOR SALUTES ADS
We are now accepting applications for the 2018 Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board. The Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board gives 9th to 12th grade students the opportunity to promote Oklahoma pride in the community and state, in addition to developing skills like improving their personal brand, fund-raising and collaborative group work. Students also have the opportunity to meet and have discussions with influential Oklahomans throughout their term.
The Teen Board is responsible for planning and implementing an annual fund-raiser to benefit the education programs of the Organization and Museum. The board meets once a month from August through December. General information can be found here: https://oklahomahof.com/teen-board
Applications to serve on the Teen Board are due Friday, June 1 at 5 p.m. and can be found here: https://oklahomahof.wufoo.com/forms/2018-teen-board-application/
- Our contest gives you the opportunity to interview successful people who have careers that interest you and share what you learned about how to become a success in that career with other students on our website, ypng.co.
- Prizes of 1st $500, 2nd $350, 3rd $250, 4th $150 and 5th $100 will be awarded on April 27th. All entries must be received by April 12, 2018 and you can enter more than once.
- To get started, go to the YPNGMentors page. There we tell you how to contact mentors, prepare questions for your interview and how to submit your interview to YPNG.
- Interviews can be done as an audio recording, a video or a written article. Examples of all fiveare on our site. You don’t need any special equipment to do an audio recording. The voice memo program on a smartphone was used to record audio interviews now on the site.
- Winners will be chosen based on the quality of the questions you prepare for the interview and the rapport you establish with the Mentor.
- YPNG will post all the interviews that are accepted for the contest on our site and include your name and your high school in the posting.
- YPNG is a 501 (3) (c) nonprofit. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform on which information about this contest may appear.
ACT - A standardized test used for admittance to colleges in the United States
COLLEGEdata - An online college advisor
FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid for students going to college
FSA ID - Username and password you use on federal student aid websites such as fafsa.gov and StudentLoans.gov
Online Colleges - Earn your college degree from an online accredited university
RaiseMe - High schoolers can start earning college scholarships as early as 9th grade for good grades, sports, extracurriculars and other achievements
SAT - Standardized test widely used for college admissions in the United States
The Common Application - used to apply to any of more than 700 member colleges and universities in the United States
CPR REQUIREMENT - JUNIORS and SENIORS
Instruction in hands only CPR is an Oklahoma graduation requirement. Students have options to satisfy this requirement:
· Register for the FREE session at the link:
· If the student has a valid CPR card, he/she may make a copy and submit to Mrs. Vise in the collegiate center
· If the student has a health condition that prevents he/she from performing tasks, an exemption form can be filed. Medical documentation would be required.
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a great tool for students considering college. The PSAT/NMSQT measures critical reading skills, math problem-solving skills and writing skills. Thomas A Edison Preparatory School recommends that students take the PSAT/NMSQT in order to receive feedback about strengths and weaknesses, enter the competition for National Merit Scholar scholarships (11th graders) and to help prepare for the SAT.
This exam is mandatory for all sophomores at no cost. Any freshman or junior may register for the exam and pay the $17 fee. This fee is waived if the student qualifies for free/reduced lunch.
For the 2018 PSAT/NMSQT, students at Thomas A Edison Preparatory School will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access.
Online Exam registration will begin on Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 1:00 PM and end on Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 5:00 PM. In order to register, students should click on the link provided on the school website or visit www.TotalRegistration.net/PSAT/373638 to register .To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end.
Thomas A Edison Preparatory School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a debit or credit card available before beginning registration. Paying online is a great way to make sure that payment has been made while avoiding mailing payment.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 1:00 PM - Registration Begins
- Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 5:00 PM - Registration Ends
- Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 5:00 AM - Registrations that have not been paid for will be canceled and exams will not be ordered.
Please contact Rachael McAnany, email@example.com , if you have questions or require financial assistance.